In pairs, participants count to three, alternating to say the next number.
Time: 5 – 10 minutes
Number of participants: In pairs
Ask the group to divide into pairs and face each other. Let them count to three, each person contributing the next number alternately. Demonstrate using a volunteer. It should look and sound something like this:
B: 3 etc.
Have the participants do this for a while.
- What was interesting about the exercise?
- What did it feel like counting like this?
- What made it difficult?
- If you had to do it again, what would you do differently to make fewer mistakes?
- What happened when you made a mistake?
- What influence did this exercise have on your relationship with your partner?
Replace the numbers with sounds, movements and words.